Image Map

Friday, November 1, 2013

Using Technology to Teach Science

I'll go ahead and admit it:  Science was not my favorite subject in school.  I didn't get it and I wasn't interested.  It wasn't until recently that the field of science has really captivated my interest and imagination.  (Thank you Doctor Who.)  I don't want my students to have the same experience with science that I had.  I think the more students can have the opportunity to witness science before their eyes and explore it hands-on the more they'll gravitate to that subject.

Enter:  Digital microscope.  You hook a digital microscope up to your computer and can view the images on the screen.  If you can connect your computer to the class projector then the whole class can participate in looking at the magnified objects.  I found this digital microscope on Amazon for around $45.

I also found a list of iPad apps from How Stuff Works.  If I am so lucky to have iPads in my classroom this will be a great resource.

I'm off to explore the sun and moon on my iPad...

No comments:

Post a Comment