Image Map

Monday, October 21, 2013

Edublogs

I've tossed around the idea of having students write their own blogs.  I like the idea of students sharing their writing but I definitely want to make sure that's it is safe for students to use.  I came across Edublogs on Pinterest.



I was really impressed by the student blogs that I read and it seems to be a safe website.  The teacher can set up the bare bones of the students' blogs and choose the privacy settings.  You can choose if the blogs can be viewed by anyone or if a password is needed to view the blog.

I thought blogs would be a great idea for students to post about books they are reading and comment and discuss on their classmates' blogs.  It's also a fantastic way for students to communicate with other students across the country and world.  Parents can also view the posts to see what their children are working on in school.

I'm not sure if I would introduce blogs right away when I start teaching, but I would like to get to the place where I feel comfortable incorporating blogs into the lessons and activities because students, I think, will respond well and really engage when they know they'll be publishing their information online.



No comments:

Post a Comment