Image Map

Friday, October 18, 2013

Evernote

My instructor recently shared Evernote with the class.  I've used Evernote before for compiling recipes (before I had Pinterest :) but not much beyond that.  It's so helpful that you can access the information from your computer, iPhone, and iPad.  This would be useful for saving information and not having to worry about backing it up.  I started thinking about how I could use Evernote in the classroom.  I really like the idea of creating portfolios of students' work, but I want to be able to give work back and don't want to organize a ton of paper.  With Evernote I can scan work in and keep each student's work in their own notebook.  One paper problem solved.  I want to be continually assessing my lessons and adapting and improving them along the way.  With Evernote I can take pictures of whiteboards or anchor charts and the program can identify handwriting and make it searchable.  Amazing!  I'm finding so many awesome uses for Evernote I'll have to keep a list of it in Evernote!  Needless to say I am going to use this tool.  I just need to get more practice with it and find out all what it's capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment