Image Map

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Technology in the Elementary Classroom

I started this blog a year ago and haven't done anything with it so I decided to reboot it for my Technology in the Classroom class at Fort Hays State University.  The topics for the final projects were left up to the students so I've decided to explore technology for teachers, students, and parents and post my findings in a blog.  I've seen where teachers will use blogs instead of newsletters to keep parents up to date and students use blogs for writing and can connect to students across the world.  Each post will be a different application I've found that I can use in the classroom.  I'll highlight the features and give a review to whether or not I can use it when I start teaching.  By the time I do start teaching I should have quite the catalog of apps to choose from.

To explain the theme of the blog:  I have always loved Alice in Wonderland so Christi at Design by Christi (and author of a fabulous teacher blog!) designed the theme for me.  I love it!  I hope to start blogging more (and about more than just tech) when I am actually teaching, which will (hopefully!) be in just under a year and a half.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or suggestions....I'm always looking for advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment