Image Map

Monday, October 28, 2013

Using Technology to Teach Math

I've decided to focus this week on using technology to enhance lessons for particular subjects.  Today we're going to take a look at math because I am teaching my formal lesson for my math internship this morning.  Wish me luck!

Anyway, a requirement for the internship lesson plans is the integration of technology.  While looking for online activities I came across the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics website Illuminations.  You can search for lessons that align with Common Core.  I liked looking through lessons because it really got the gears going in my head.

The activities section has some really great online activities for students.  I think I would use this for enrichment to give students extra practice.

Calculation Nation is a section of online games where students can challenge other students from all across the world.  It is free though students would have to register to play.  The games are designed for upper elementary through middle school students.

I am bookmarking Illuminations because I can see myself using it in the future.  Students can play the games and do the activities at home.  It would be awesome practice when students have been out of school for a while for breaks....yeah, yeah, hopeful thinking, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment